Namgyal Monastery in Ithaca, New York, is the North American Seat of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama. It is also an institute of Buddhist studies, hosting numerous teachings, lectures, ceremonies and other cultural events.
In addition to presenting an engaging online identity that reflects the rich historical and cultural significance of their activities, the monastery needed to keep members informed about scheduled classes and events. Staffed by volunteers, the content management had to be easy to maintain and update without technical training. Sanmita’s relationship with the monastery spans nearly ten years and illustrates the kind of full service and support we take pride in providing.
- Previous website cumbersome to use
- Could only make changes to events calendar; needed full content management capability throughout site
- Make site easy for volunteers to maintain and update
- Easy to use donations process
- Sanmita developed a donation engine called 123PayNow, an intuitive application that allows donations by credit card & check
- Migrate content from old site to new, customized, easy to use WordPress CMS
- Sanmita took care of all details, making transition from old site to new simple and pain-free.
Analysis showed that site usage increased to an average of 75,000 page views a month. With the new Events calendar, complimented by email communication, participation at Monastery-hosted events and classes increased.