WHARTON STUDIO MUSEUM
The Wharton Studio Museum is a nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming a historic studio building in Ithaca, New York, into a silent movie museum to preserve and celebrate Ithaca’s role in the history of American filmmaking. Originally founded as Ithaca Motion Picture Project, the organization re-named itself as their vision for the museum became a reality.
When IMPP changed their name to Wharton Studio Museum, they not only needed to re-brand the organization, their website had to play a different and larger role to serve the museum and public in new capacities. News and community events had to take center stage, and so the site had to be easy for a changing roster of volunteers to maintain and update. And of course, the online donation process needed to be easy and prominent for supporters to use.
- Make the site much more user-friendly so that volunteers could easily maintain and update content.
- Content had to be migrated from the previous site, created in Drupal, to the new WordPress based site.
- Limited budget
- Quick turnaround
- Sanmita’s customized WordPress CMS is far more user-friendly than the previous Drupal site
- Integration of social media, news, and events calendar on home page
- Google Analytics is also integrated with the site to enable easy tracking of website visits and trends
- Mobile responsiveness was built into the site at no additional cost, a feature that impressed and pleased the client.
A visually appealing site that is inviting for visitors to explore, and easy for volunteers to maintain. The site is ready to handle future expansion as the museum grows.